Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One Sentence, One Paragraph

In a single sentence, declare who you are – your ethnic and regional background, your social class, your religion, or whatever is appropriate to you. For example, “I am a third-generation American of Irish-German heritage, raised Catholic in the middle-class suburbs of the Midwest.” Follow this sentence with an autobiographical paragraph or two, perhaps shifting back to the time you were born, or perhaps showing how your background influences your beliefs and actions today.

I'm an Irish-Vietnamese guy born in Anchorage, Alaska; raised in the middle class of Williamsport, PA.

I was raised under the guidance of my older brother. He was always a lot cooler to me than I think he really was. Nevertheless, he was the one who taught me how to act around people, how to dress, and how to get through to the 'unreasonables'. We moved from Alaska, to Virginia, and then to PA because of my father's job. I doubt they'll be moving again soon. I'll be honest, though, I'm a little scared of that transition between kid and adult. I guess I need a job first...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symphony for the Solo

The first short film I've ever made. Filmed entirely over the course of two weeks using just one camcorder and iMovie to edit. The music was also my own original composition, recorded on Garageband. ten minutes of an entire hour of playing