Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Something's Wrong...I Can Feel It

11/27/2012
Think of a wild coincidence that has occurred in your life. Now write three-four paragraphs and develop the incident, giving us the necessary background information and specific details.

My best friend Connor and I had been living in a small one-bedroom apartment in Jersey City for the last two months. We were both working at the same restaurant in New York City and this happened to be one of the few nights we were able to come home at the same time and relax.

A long time ago, Connor and I had gone out to get some food while both of our girlfriends were left to sit in our apartment together. They had never made an effort to hang out together, but we still liked to consider them friends. Apparently, however, the two bonded over some gossip while were gone. Now I think everything would have been fine if Connor's girlfriend, Kristen, had not broken the ever sacred girl-code of not saying anything to anyone about what was said during gossip time.

At around 11:30 I called Lexi to say goodnight and Connor proceeded to make me some drinks. Connor waited until I was incredibly drunk (he was a bar-tender so he happened to be very good at doing that) to tell me that Lexi cheated on me at the very start of our relationship. I couldn't believe it until he told me that Kristen told him after she was gossiping with Lexi. I proceeded to get belligerently drunk to the point where I started throwing up in our bathroom. It was around 5 in the morning when I received a phone call from Lexi, who was half awake somehow. She was mad at me for not calling and saying goodnight to her. Through my drunken stupor I managed to tell her that I did and that she could even check her phone.

The only thing I was left to believe that night was that Lexi and I had forged such an incredible bond over the nine months that we were together, that I was able to wake her up in the middle of the night while I was distressed about our relationship. And that could only mean that I still loved her, regardless of what was true or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symphony for the Solo

The first short film I've ever made. Filmed entirely over the course of two weeks using just one camcorder and iMovie to edit. The music was also my own original composition, recorded on Garageband. ten minutes of an entire hour of playing