Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Clock that Stopped

I was looking through my desk the other day and I found this old watch that stopped working a while ago. It just stopped doing what it supposed to do one day. And life just went on. No one in the world knew the watch stopped. No one even cared. Not even me. All I know is it stopped at 10:57 one miraculous day. It didn't need a doctor to declare its exact time of death because it was a watch.


Now I wouldn't necessarily go as far as saying it quit. It was just tired of doing what other people expected it to do. Maybe it cracked under the pressure. Or maybe it just refused the dreams that was handed to it by others and decided to do something else with its life. It managed to crawl under all the expectations laid out by society and, one day, built up the courage to just stop. It was the day time stood still long enough to look back and wonder if it was all worth it.
Ironically the watch told me not to give up. It told me instead of quitting, find a new point of view or something else to follow. Find yourself and your passion before you commit your time. Because if you lose yourself in the illusion of time and work and money and stress...one day your watch is gona stop just like mine did.

Or maybe it just needed new batteries ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symphony for the Solo

The first short film I've ever made. Filmed entirely over the course of two weeks using just one camcorder and iMovie to edit. The music was also my own original composition, recorded on Garageband. ten minutes of an entire hour of playing