Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Prompt 1

Why did you choose Lycoming College and what were your other choices?

I choose Lyco because I was fairly certain that Penn Tech wasn't going to be able to provide me with the classes that I was interested in. I was also forced to go to a school close to home so my parents could attempt to control my rather crazy lifestyle. I believe in enjoying the short amount of time that I'll be on this Earth. If I can't see the joy in doing something, chances are I won't do them. At least not for long.


What is your major and why did you choose it?

I don't really have a major. I'm leaning towards studying filmmaking, however, the closest thing they have in that department is DCOM. And I'm more concerned about broadening my intelligence in order to create a more interesting story. That's why I'm studying philosophy, psych, spanish, astrology, dinosaurs, photography, etc. I don't really know if that's an effective way to go about the job market these days, but, for some reason, I'm not really that worried about it. Things just feel right when I'm learning what I want to learn.

What do you hope to accomplish with your degree once you graduate?

Either working in advertising, becoming a financial consultant, or becoming a filmmaker. A friend told me I should combine advertising and film to make a badass career. However, I don't really see myself as someone who can create a 30 second ad that can make you laugh. Because 70% of all effective advertising is supposed to tug at your humor strings. I love film because of its artistic aspect and its power within our culture. I firmly believe film has such a cultural weight that it can change people on a subconscious level. In other words, an hour and a half of something meaningful can change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symphony for the Solo

The first short film I've ever made. Filmed entirely over the course of two weeks using just one camcorder and iMovie to edit. The music was also my own original composition, recorded on Garageband. ten minutes of an entire hour of playing